- Upgrade of the radiation control system at the SPF (2018 ÷ 2020).
The contract includes delivery, installation, test runs and commissioning of radiation monitoring equipment at the Spent Fuel Facility and data processing and data storage software development for data obtained from the radiation monitoring subsystems at the Spent Fuel Facility.The following is a list of radiation monitoring equipment included in the contract:- Whole body monitor for beta/gamma contamination – Mirion TwoStep™- Exit II made by Mirion Tehnologies – one unit;
– Neutron Irradiation Dose Rate Monitors NIM201K made by Mirion Tehnologies – 5 units;
– Very Wide Range Gamma Area Monitors GIM 204K made by Mirion Tehnologies – 2 units;
– Electronic Personal Gamma-Neutron Dosimeters EPD made by Thermo Scientific – 40 units;
– АСТ-4 readers for personal dosimeters made by Thermo Scientific -2 units;
The package includes two servers, 6 workstations, 4 UPS units with spare battery packs, switchboards, etc.
- Delivery of whole body, hand and foot surface contamination monitors.
The surface contamination monitors are intended to contain the spread of radioactive surface contamination. They provide measurement solutions for the feet, hands and the body and produce an alert in cases when certain threshold values are exceeded. (2019).
- Delivery, installation and commissioning of radiation safety equipment as part of the Specialized Laundry Facility and Special Radiation Monitoring Equipment project at the Kozloduy NPP. (2018 ÷ 2019)
- Analysis of the capabilities of the FHT 3040 monitor in connection with release from regulatory control. Comparison of measuring performed with FHT 3040 and FRM 02 monitors at the Decommissioning Special Facility at the Kozloduy NPP. (2018 ÷ 2019)
- Delivery of personal electronic dosimeters DMC 3000 for the State Enterprise Radioactive Waste Permanent Storage Facility at Novi Han. (2018)
- Delivery of surface contamination survey meters with alpha/beta probes RDS-31 & ABP-150 Combo for the State Enterprise Radioactive Waste Permanent Storage Facility at Novi Han (2018)
- Upgrade of the RTM860TS whole body monitor for training purposes at the Kozloduy NPP Training Centre. (2017)
- Delivery of foot monitors with forced measurementIn 2016 EnergoService successfully completed a project for the development and delivery of six monitors for radiation control of shoes for beta and gamma surface contamination. These monitors control an additional device for forced measurement (tourniquet-type barrier).The monitor in this modification was not part of the production line of Mirion (RADOS) GmbH, Hamburg, Germany and was developed based on the EnergoService request tailored for Kozloduy NPP needs.
- Delivery and installation of personal electronic dosimeters for measurement of the individual gamma-radiation dose as part of the Automated Information System for Individual Dosimetric Control (AISIDC).In 2015 and 2016 EnergoService delivered a total of 200 new generation personal electronic dosimeters for measurement of gamma radiation equivalent dose, DMC 3000 and the respective LDM 320D wireless readers. As part of the delivery, EnergoService performed an installation of these dosimeters in the existing AISIDC at Kozloduy NPP.
- Delivery and installation of equipment for radiation protection and monitoring of the Size Reduction and Decontamination Workshop.EnergoService successfully completed a project for delivery and installation of a system for radiation protection and monitoring of the Size Reduction and Decontamination Workshop located on the State Enterprise Radioactive Waste site at Kozloduy.The delivery included nineteen GIM 204K gamma monitors, four ABPM 203M monitors for aerosols and one seismically qualified aerosol monitor ABPM201S, four monitors (from the TwoStep™-Exit II series) for whole body counting site exit, radiometers for surface contamination and isotopes identification, specialized software for centralized monitoring of the equipment, spare parts and consumables.
- Design, delivery and installation: modernization of the management of RTM860TS surface contamination monitors and delivery of body surface contamination monitors with gamma and beta detectors. In 2015 EnergoService successfully completed a project for delivery and installation of the portal monitors at the exit of Kozloduy NPP Unit 5 and 6 controlled area. The project activities were:I. Replacement of seven RTM860TS monitors for whole body radioactive alfa/beta contamination with seven new Mirion TwoStep™-Exit II monitors for whole body radioactive beta/gamma contamination.
– Seismic qualification of TwoStep™-Exit II monitors;
– Integration of LIREX ID card reader, for work with ID cards used in the Kozloduy NPP Automatic Access Control System;;
– Translation of the user software in Bulgarian.
II. Modernization of the control of seven RTM860TS monitors
– Replacement of the controlling computer, monitor, power supply and interface module;
– Addition of UPS thus providing one hour power supply in case of blackout;
– Installation of the latest version of the operating system (QNX) and user software (RTM860TS);
– Integration of LIREX ID card reader, for work with ID cards used in the Kozloduy NPP Automatic Access Control System;
– Translation of the user software in Bulgarian.
III. Installation of a centralized monitoring server with CeMoSys™ software, entirely localized for use in Bulgaria.
Main challenges in the project implementation:
The dismantling, transportation and follow-up reassembling and installation of the TwoStep™-Exit II monitors due to the impossibility of transporting the monitors to their installation site;
Performing the installation without interrupting the normal working mode of Kozloduy NPP controlled area;
Short deadlines for installation and testing – three weeks for the installation of the new TwoStep™-Exit II monitors and three weeks for the modernization of the RTM860TS monitors.
EnergoService performed a follow-up testing for safe use in accordance with VDE standard (IEC 60204, 60950, 61010).
- Delivery of 4 hand/foot monitors. (2012-2013).
- Development of investment project, field supervision and technical assistance for Modernization of the radiation monitoring system at Kozloduy Spent Nuclear fuel Storage facility (SFSF).
- Metrological certification of Air Activity Monitoring System for aerosol and gas emissions into the environment (product of Thermo Fisher Scientific), installed in the Dry Spent Fuel Storage Facility at Kozloduy NPP (2011); Principal – NUKEM Technologies GmbH.
- Normal Range Module Upgrade in Air Volume Activity Measuring System (AVAMS) through Ventilation Stack 1 and Ventialtion Stack 2 on Kozloduy NPP Unit 6 by renewing detectors and electronic components of original modules for Particulate, Iodine and Gas Beta Channel (2009-2010); principal – Kozloduy NPP, subcontractor – Apantec LLC.
- Modifying the Digital Regulator Bru-K algorithms, ASUT-OVATION® system, in the event of two turbinedriven feedwater pumps exclusion (2007-2008); principal – Kozloduy NPP